Award Winning Foundation!
- 2016 FOX25 Hometown Team Award
- 2015 Myra Kraft Community MVP Award
- 2014 primary speaker at the first Flutie Foundation Partner Summit
- 2011 Massachusetts Recreation and Park Association Program Outreach Award
- Co-Founders named 2009 Scituate Citizens of the Year
- 2008 Massachusetts Community Partnership Award from the Federation for Children with Special Needs
The Scituate CORSE Foundation (Community of Resources for Special Education), a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, was established in February of 2006 by a group of dedicated parents and educators to raise funds to provide the highest quality educational, social and recreational community experiences so children with special needs, ages 3-22, can reach their full potential. Through fundraising activities, the Foundation is able to allocate funds for a wide range of supplemental resources that will benefit children, parents and educators within our community.
To Make a Donation:
Please click here for information about making a monetary or stock donation to help CORSE provide needed support to children with special needs.
Links to Photos/Videos/Presentations:
Video: Community Reflections on the Impact of CORSE
CORSE Photos (Shutterfly website)
SEE YOUR KIDS IN ACTION!
Pictures of CORSE Programming
2015 Gala: 10th Anniversary Music Video
2015 Gala: Testimonials
CORSE Kids on Wahlburgers TV Show
Myra Kraft Community MVP Award
Additional Footage of CORSE Kids at Wahlburgers
2014 Gala Music Video-Tribute to All Stars Coach Mike
CORSE Overview Presentation (revised July 2015)
Very Special Entertainment from 2013 Gala
2013 Gala Photo Slideshow
2012 Golf Tournament Music Video
2011 Gala Music Video
2011 Golf Tournament Music Video
2010 Maritime Adventures Music Video
To read testimonials from parents, guardians, peer mentors and volunteers: click here
To Make an Online Payment:
To make an online payment to CORSE, please enter your invoice or statement number below and click the 'pay now' button below. Please put the amount you are paying in the 'Item Price' box (which reads $0) and click update. That updated amount will be charged to your credit/debit card or PayPal account.
Tickets on sale now for 11th annual CORSE Gala! Saturday October 22, 6:30 PM
Celebrating 11 years of integrated academic, social & recreation programs for children with special needs, with special recognition to our Middle and High School Best Buddies programs.
New Venue: Hatherly Country Club
Live Band: The 617
Dinner, Auction and Raffles
Tickets $55 each; Table of 10 for $500
Tickets now on sale, but they will go quickly! We have fewer tickets available at the new venue, so be sure to RSVP early! The Gala is always a near sell-out!
To purchase tickets or sponsorships, please click here.
If you have auction items to donate, please email
Register now for Fall Recreation Programs
Registrtion is now underway for the following recreation programs:
- All Stars Jiu Jitsu
- All Stars Nautical Mile
- All Stars Swimming
Please click here for more information.
For 2016, these programs have been generously supported by grant funding received from the Doug Flutie, Jr. Foundation for Autism, Grace E. Brooks Trust, Evan Henry Foundation, John W. Alden Trust, Edwin Phillips Foundation, Scituate Rotary Club, South Shore Playhouse Associates and Kate's Voice as well as our community fundraising supporters.
Gates and High School Best Buddies returning soon!
Registration will begin on Thursday September 22, programs do fill quickly! For more information, please click link below:
Gates Best Buddies
High School Best Buddies
We are very grateful to FOX 25 for awarding us Hometown Team for Scituate's Zip Trip!
On Friday, July 29, Fox 25 visited Scituate for their traditional summer zip trips and highlighted the work of the CORSE Foundation! We were awarded the Hometown Team Award for our work integrating children with special needs and their families into the South Shore community. Click here to see video footage.
CORSE Celebrates its 10th Year – Help us commemorate this milestone!
On February 14, 2006 CORSE was incorporated as a non-profit. Thanks to all who supported us over the past decade, CORSE has been able to provide ten years of successful programming and community integration, offering high quality programs for ALL children in the community regardless of need and allowing children with special needs to participate alongside their friends and neighbors to reach their full potential. For media coverage of our 10th anniversary, please click here.
To commemorate this very significant milestone, on February 14, 2016 CORSE kicked off its 10th anniversary celebration with the “Circle of Giving 10-Year Campaign”. Donations made during this special campaign can be earmarked to support a specific program or activity. For just $25 you can give a child a magical ride on the North Pole Express or provide snacks at a social program. A $100 donation can provide a bus to take a Best Buddies group on an unforgettable adventure. For $250, you can provide financial assistance to allow a child to attend Maritime Adventures, I Can Bike, or one of our very popular summer camps. These are just a few of the many options available. For more information on the various contribution opportunities please click here. Your donation will make a difference!
With our sincere thanks!
2015 ended with a milestone event for CORSE as we celebrated our 10th Annual Gala! CORSE started with a vision of 2 people, Marynell Henry and Tracy Johnston in January 2006, was incorporated as a non-profit on February 14, 2006 and has now grown to a board of 15 and a member constituency of over 3,000 participants (ALL volunteers, representing parents of children with special needs, parents who have all typically developing children, educators and community members) interested in supporting the Foundation’s efforts to provide the highest quality educational, social and recreational community experiences so children with special needs can participate alongside their friends and neighbors and reach their full potential.
This has been accomplished thanks to our donors and supporters. Because of this generous community, CORSE is able to continue providing high quality programs for ALL children in the community, regardless of need. We are a model other communities admire and recognize. CORSE has increased understanding of the challenges friends’ and neighbors’ face raising children with special needs and brought down many barriers. We are forever grateful and appreciative of the kindness, compassion and generosity of our donors and supporters.
We would like to sincerely thank our 2015 donors (click here for list) for your incredible on-going support to CORSE. Since 2006, we have run 331 programs with 4,330 registrations and 871 volunteer mentors investing over $775,000 back into our community through programming and resources.
Programming and highlights from CORSE over 2015 – thanks to you:
- 2015 Myra Kraft Community MVP Award second prize winner from the New England Patriots Foundation
- Three successful community fundraisers (Gala, Golf Tournament and North Pole Express) raising over $70,000
- $40,000 in additional grants and individual donations
- Integrated social development programs
- Integrated academic support programs
- Integrated and specialized sports programs
- Integrated socially-based summer camps
- iCan Bike returned to Scituate to teach 30 kids how to ride a two-wheeler this summer
- Maritime Adventures specialty camp: sailing, windsurfing, paddleboarding and canoeing
- Customized peer mentor and Best Buddies models; we again were filled to maximum capacity with 48 Gates and 77 High School Best Buddies participants!
- An Elementary Best Buddies pilot began with 18 students
- SibShops for siblings of children with special needs returned!
- Let’s Go Community Events: movies, dining out, skiing;
- Over $8,500 provided to families for financial and/or accessibility assistance
- Music therapy and Yoga for the Early Childhood Center and the district’s intensive needs classrooms at Hatherly and Gates; these programs expanded to 25 weeks as well as a yoga pilot for the Early Childhood Center
- A band consultant from South Shore Conservatory for the Gates Band
- Technology purchases for the district
- Professional development and curriculum for the district
- Educational programs and resource materials for parents, including presentations by Katy Shamitz and Sarah Ward
- HS scholarships to 11 students totaling $4,500, given not only to students who overcame challenges utilizing special education services but also to dedicated CORSE volunteers
For a listing of donors click here.
New, EASY way to help raise money for CORSE!
Already shopping at Amazon? It's just a click away!
AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon that lets customers enjoy the same wide selection of products, low prices, and convenient shopping features as on Amazon.com. The difference is that when customers shop on AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com), the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to the charitable organizations selected by customers.
Signing up is so easy!
To support CORSE, open the regular Amazon.com site:
- Log in to your amazon account
- Copy and paste http://smile.amazon.com/ into the browser bar
(Bookmark this page for future use!)
- Click on "Your Account"
- Select Change your Charity. Type CORSE in the box labeled "Or
pick your own charitable organization".
- You will see Scituate CORSE Foundation North Scituate
- Click on the Select button and you are done!
Vest T-shirt front T-shirt back
Reversible Vests - $29 (very high quality material)
Long Sleeve T-Shirts - $12
Shipping $5, FREE delivery within Scituate
Click here to order: CORSE Apparel Orders
To Make a Donation:
Help provide needed support to children with special needs in our community through a contribution to our Foundation. For more information, please click here.
New, EASY Way to Help Raise Money for CORSE
If you are already shopping at Amazon it's just a click away! Click here for more information.
Federal Employees State Employees
City of Boston Employees